Did you know that the Scripture does not condemn homosexuality at all in any way whatsoever? Please read if you do claim to be a good Christian Religion Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Apr 20, 2005 at 08:14 PM

Christianity and Discrimination

Members of the religious right (I think it's more like WRONG and unGodly) say that one cannot be a good Christian and be homosexual while some members of the gay community say one cannot be an honest homosexual and Christian. Both of these statements are false and show a good deal of ignorance and fear on both sides of the issue, please read on.

Homosexuality is not unique in its status as an issue some people use to justify their hatred and/or repression of others. Throughout the history of this country, the world, and the church there have been other issues that were divisive in nature: anti-Sematism, slavery, and female clergy to name a few.

Anti-Sematism:John 7:1 states " After this Jesus went about in Galilee, he would not go about in Judea, because the Jews sought to kill him. This passage has been used to "prove" that Jews are evil and plotted the murder of Christ, for which they must be punished. Much of the anti-sematism we have observed in the past and today has been "justified" in the minds of the hate mongors using Biblical passages. The same applies to our GLBT brothers and sisters and the topic of homosexuality.

Slavery:As we know, slavery was wide spread in the various stories in the Old Testament as well as the New Testament. Many members of the US Congress used Biblical passages in their debates in the 1830s, 40s, and 50s to justify the continued legality of slavery. Today, we would reject such usage of the Bible, because we understand more of God's word. The same applies to our GLBT brothers and sisters and the topic of homosexuality.

Women Clergy:Most recently, members of the religious right have used scripture to prevent women from serving in the church. 1 Cor.. 34-35 "As in all churches of the saints, the women should keep silent in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be subordinate as the law says. If there is anything they desire to...
    Follow - email me when people comment
  • 6Comments

• View author's info Posted on Mar 04, 2009 at 09:09 PM

The real problem is that everone everywhere want to justify theirself and all their deeds. However the bible does show that homosexuality is wrong as with so many other things. If you would check the writing of Paul in every spot that he speaks on the work of the flesh you will find about every one of our thougs are sinnful and that we all need to repent turning to Jesus for our justifcation and stop justifing ourselves. I'm also on this site because I also fight with my desires of the flesh but that does not make what I do ok or right no matter what anyone says. We all will stand before God and be judged and if our names are not found in the book of life we shall all perish in the lake of fire. So if you wonder seek the truth of God through Jesus Christ and you shall know the truth .
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 07, 2008 at 07:07 PM

I'm a Christian and yes the old testament seems (key word) to condemn homosexuality but the new testament says to love everyone. and i'm sorry but i refuse to believe that God would condemn someone for being homosexual. I believe everyone was born gay straight bi w/e and I also happen to believe that God created us in his image.
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 19, 2006 at 11:00 PM

AshleyMCH write:
    ok...ah.. The bible does condem homosexuality 22 " 'Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable. The only thing that i am pretty sure of is that Jesus in his three years of ministry never visits the topic of homosexuality. Maybe because the old rules are still in place? But Jesus was the new covenent...

Where is that located, babe?
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 10, 2005 at 12:18 AM

I know that the Christian Scriptures don't condemn being gay. I also know that all mainstream religions don't condemn it either means that we must learn to live within their set of moral codes.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 10, 2005 at 03:54 PM

yep one more reason I became pagan. they have no issues with gays or other religions or other races.
  • View author's info Posted on May 16, 2005 at 11:40 AM

This is a topic I have wondered about. There are a number of scriptures quoted that seem to condemn homosexuality. I was very interested in The Good Book by Peter Gomes who is gay and does address these very questions. I also realize that 150 years ago people quoted the bible to justify the existance of slavery, something no right minded person would do today.
Follow - email me when people comment